White labeling your WordPress site gives your brand a significant uplift in your online marketing efforts. A custom registration form is one of the easiest ways to white label your WordPress powered website.
Using a custom registration form, you can streamline the new user’s registration process, making it much more intuitive while simultaneously fine-tuning it to your business requirements.
You can add custom fields like contact number, timezone, etc., to your registration form and display it anywhere on your WordPress site. For example, if you’re running an eCommerce shop, additional information such as country of residence can be useful. You can also enforce a minimum password length for new users, request their consent on your Terms and Conditions, and add captcha verification to block spambots and other useful features.
The default WordPress registration form contains enough fields to gather the basic information required to set up the user account. You can add custom fields to this registration form either by (a) incorporating custom code or (b) by using some fantastic free WordPress plugins.
We’ve listed some of the best WordPress plugins for customizing your registration form in this article. Once you’ve gone through the list, you can select that plugin that will help you build that perfect registration form you’ve always wanted for your website.
Best WordPress Registration Form Plugins
Creating a form for your website can sometimes be challenging. You need to add a lot of fields and customize them. Your work has never been easier with Kali Forms, the most user-friendly forms plugin. It has predesigned form templates, drag and drop builder, multi-page forms, and plenty of other features to help you build custom registration forms in WordPress. Let’s list some of the most powerful characteristics that are a helping hand for your website:
- Multi-page forms;
- A large variety of form fields;
- Email notifications;
- Drag and drop builder;
- Multiple form templates;
- Easy file uploads;
- Captcha integration to protect your forms;
Do you want to know more? Go to Kali Forms website and install the plugin. I know this task can sometimes seem boring, but you will have more fun with templates and fields once you start creating forms with the Kali Forms plugin.More info / Download
Ultimate Member is simply the best all-rounder freemium member management plugin available in WordPress. Here is the list of features:
- Front-end user registration, login and edit profile option using shortcodes.
- Ability to add custom fields in the registration form.
- The conditional logic feature for form fields lets you customize dynamic registration forms which display input fields based on the user’s previous input.
- A drag and drop form builder lets you design forms with ease.
- Google reCAPTCHA is available as a free extension. (Bye-bye spammers!)
Registration page generated by the plugin
The plugin works with WordPress Multisite and supports the WPML multilingual plugin on the compatibility side of things.
Since this is a full-blown membership plugin, it has many other features that we haven’t covered. (We’ve discussed the relevant ones to customize your registration form).
If you’d like to learn more about the plugin’s capabilities, head to the plugin’s homepage.More info / Download
User Meta is a freemium plugin that supports a robust set of features. The free version of the plugin lets you add custom fields to both the user’s registration form and the user’s profile page. You can use shortcodes to display the registration form or Edit Profile options on the front-end, i.e any post or page.
This plugin comes heavy on custom field components similar to the Cimy User Extra Fields plugin. Apart from the ones mentioned earlier, User Meta as file upload, hidden fields, avatar support, etc.
The plugin’s premium version includes front-end user login, password reset, custom widgets for profile/login forms, bulk import/export of the user base, etc. These features aren’t strictly necessary for a free version.More info / Download
User Registration (UR) is a WordPress plugin, beneficial to any website you want to launch. It’s a beautiful form but clean and simple at the same time. You can count on unlimited registration forms for your users. Don’t worry about your form builder features, either. User Registration has its drag and drop form builder to make it easy. It supports Multiple Column, so you decide how you wish your forms fields.
UR offers you plenty of shortcodes, enabling you to showcase your forms in pages, posts, sidebars, and more. It also includes ReCaptcha to avoid unpleasant spammers. Get the advantage of Social connect and login to your site with the most common social platforms. UR allows creating an upload field in your registration form with file uploads. And WooCommerce integration makes for easier relations between site owners and customers. It’s handy and thorough, get User Registration today!More info / Download
RegistrationMagic is an advanced plugin that acts as a registration form builder and a contact form builder.
Apart from having all the basic features such as custom fields (with multiple components) reCAPTCHA support, this plugin features the following:
- The unique name and form description feature enables you to name and describe the forms you create. This is strictly meant for the administrator (you) and won’t appear in the front-end of the form.
- The redirection feature enables you to guide your newly registered user to the next page. This is very useful for sales funnels.
- The auto-responder component (currently, MailChimp is supported) allows you to customize welcome messages and toggle the activity (whether or not to send an email upon successful registration).
RegistrationMagic form customization options
- The plugin also integrates with Facebook
- The Forms Manager page displays a “submission counter” on each form card, which holds submission entries for that particular form.
- The Analytics section of the plugin is truly a blessing. It records all registrations’ IP address, time and date and displays them tabularly.
- The plugin also visualizes multiple components of your user’s interaction with the form, such as average form filling time and success rate. This data is a valuable source of information that can better understand your users, and design a more streamlined and intuitive form.
You know that it will be easy to set up a custom registration form for your page with Easy Registration Forms. This free and responsive WordPress plugin for registration forms is packed with goodies and outstanding features. Easy Registration Forms is king in forms, all sorts of different variations. It might not cost you a dime, but you can do a ton of different styles of forms with it speedily. With Easy Registration Forms, you can create multi-step and multi-page forms and the most basic contact forms.
Other traits include reporting system, custom widget, registration notification, reCAPTCHA and limitations based on date or quantity. You also have many demos available that you can check and see the power of Easy Registration Forms plugin for yourself.More info / Download
WP User Frontend is a versatile, multi-functional, free registration WordPress plugin. The tool goes way beyond the simple creation of registration forms. You can use it for creating front-end user profiles, content submission forms, subscriptions, and memberships, you name it. Sometimes, you only need one component that allows you to create numerous different elements and sections to add to your existing website.
To build the desired form, programming is not necessary. WP User Frontend includes drag and drop form builder that allows everyone to craft a tailored registration form. First, you drag and drop, copy and paste, and you are ready to roll. Once you have it ready, you can share the form anywhere on your page through shortcodes. They say it is easier said than done, well, that surely does not apply to WP User Frontend.More info / Download
Nowadays, with the popularity of social media platforms, users do not need to use their emails to register an account anymore. All they need is an active social media profile and they can sign up or login with ease. Nextend Social Login and Register is your plugin to add this option to your page. The account registration process on your web platform will happen in a breeze. If you need more proof, a video presentation will show you how simple and convenient Nextend Social Login and Register is.
This free plugin for custom WordPress registration form is compatible with Facebook, Google and Twitter. If you want to introduce more options, you will need to upgrade to the pro version. The forms are fully customizable to make them match your banding precisely. Moreover, your existing users can seamlessly enter their accounts using your new social media login addition – it happens automatically.More info / Download
The Profile Builder plugin, jointly developed by 5 teams is one of the most popular plugins in its category with over 40,000 downloads featuring full compatibility with the latest version of WordPress.
Demo registration page generated by the shortcode
I liked most about this plugin because it gives you 5 awesome shortcodes using which you can add the user registration form in the front-end, i.e. in any post, page, or widget. Here is the list of shortcodes, all of which are pretty self-explanatory:
- [wppb-edit-profile] – Lets logged-in users to edit their profile from any post or page where you place the shortcode. They don’t have to visit the WordPress dashboard anymore.
- [wppb-login] – The login shortcode. You can also use a variation such as [wppb-login redirect_url=”www.example.com”] and replace example.com with your desired URL.
- [wppb-logout] – The shortcode for logging out.
- [wppb-register] – This shortcode dynamically generates the entire user registration form in any post/page.
- [wppb-recover-password] – This shortcode will generate the password recovery box.
And that’s about it. The rest of the features are paid addons, making this plugin a freemium product.
Some important features of the pro version of the plugin include creating extra user fields, hidden input fields, reCAPTCHA forms, adding avatar upload feature for new users, etc.
I think that features such as extra user fields and reCAPTCHA are offered as premium ones is a bit off-putting, since it’s one of the core components of the plugin that’s supposed to customize your registration form. However, this plugin is still a great choice for people looking to place their registration form anywhere on their website.More info / Download
Building a custom registration form for your WordPress page need not be too big of a deal once you use the right tools. Anyone and everyone are capable of getting a registration form set up that suits their objective precisely. Formidable is a sophisticated and simple free plugin that immediately does the trick. Indeed, you do not need any coding and design knowledge to get things moving forward in the right direction with Formidable.
Some of the amazing features of Formidable are drag and drop builder, visual styler, and email notifications, amongst many more in between. Last but not least, your registration form will also operate without a hitch on both handheld and desktop devices due to its responsive nature. On top of that, a Formidable form will not slow down the performance of your website.More info / Download
BuddyForms is more than just a free WordPress plugin for making custom registration forms. This tool goes way beyond that with the ability to create just about any form you can need on your website. However, since we are all about registration forms, that’s what BuddyForms does with great care. In minutes, you can go from installing the plugin to having a full-blown and active registration form on your website.
With the practical drag and drop method, you can quickly and effortlessly style the form to your liking. You can select from over twenty different fields and modify them according to your needs. Moreover, you can also specify what happens after the user submits the form. You can showcase a thank you message, a page or even redirect them. With BuddyForms, you have endless options to make the form that will be practical and beautiful, too.More info / Download
Pie-Register is an excellent free WordPress custom registration form plugin with the following features:
- Full-fledged registration form builder with multiple custom field components.
- Ability to verify and moderate user registrations.
- Invitation only registrations – this is a brilliant marketing feature for those who want to build a curious audience
- Custom email templates for registration completion, etc.
- reCAPTCHA and shortcode support (similar to Profile Builder, but all for free).
- User database import and export feature.
- Payment gateway integration using PayPal is certainly an interesting feature, not seen in any of the previous plugins.
- Custom logo and custom fields in the user’s profile page.
- Ability to hide the default login and registration pages.
Pie-Register registration formMore info / Download
All these plugins do an excellent job when it comes to customizing your registration form. If I were to choose, I’d probably choose Pie-Register since it offers the best plugins and is completely free. Ultimate Member and RegistrationMagic are the joint runners-up since both are equally good, and choosing one is based on your requirement. If you’re aiming for a membership site, go for Ultimate Member, else RegistrationMagic is your winner.
Have I missed your preferred plugin? Do let us know, and I’ll add it to the list!