In this review, we introduce you to a new feature of the popular TheGem WordPress…
Using a popup plugin on your site is a proven way to attract the attention of users to your newsletter, pages in social networks, or to call for any other actions to which you want to push your readers. Some users may hate and ignore pop-ups, but this does not make them less effective, right? And when properly configured, they will work successfully. Fortunately, in our time there are enough popup plugins, so you no longer need to think about the technical aspects of creating a web resource.
One question remains – which one to use?
Recently, Elementor has presented a brand new PopUp Builder for making a website more beautiful. They promise that it will blow up the world of popups and bring order there. And, of course, do not forget about the already known Popup plugin from ZemezJet used in Elementor before. Which one is better? The dilemma of making the right choice is standing just in front of us. So, let’s find out the pros and cons of each of these plugins together.
JetPopup is an addon for Elementor live page builder, developed by Zemez team.
With it, you can create and add popups to the pages built with Elementor. To use JetPopup, first of all, you have to add the plugin to the Elementor editor. However, the procedure is very simple: Log in to WordPress Dashboard > go to Plugins tab > click on Add new button > upload JetPopup button from your hard drive and start the installation process.
Elementor Popup Builder
Elementor Popup Builder offered by Elementor team doesn’t require any installation.
After you have installed the Elementor Pro version, you will be able to create and customize popups instantly.
Both plugins allow you to create various popup templates and set universal conditions for them, attach templates to specific widgets and display them on certain pages with the help of drag and drop function. And the most pleasant news is that both of theme require no coding skills to work with popups at all.
The main JetPopup features let you to:
- Drag and Drop to Build Popups. JetPopup offers to apply Elementor widgets when creating the layout and adding some content to it.
- Customize Popup Design. Style up your popups without any CSS knowledge.
- Manage Trigger Events. Choose the events and dates for the popups to appear.
- Select and Use Pre-designed Templates. JetPopup has many various templates according to your needs.
Besides all the above said, this plugin makes attaching popup windows to widgets not only possible but also simple. So, you can show a popup when the mouse is hovering over a specific widget, or by clicking on an element with the specified selector.
With JetPopup, it is also possible to add animation effects to your popup.
You can pick from a dozen of them to apply:
- Zoom In;
- Zoom Out;
- Move Up;
- Bounce In;
- Bounce Out;
- Slide Up;
- Horizontal Flip;
- Vertical Flip;
Using JetPopup, it’s easy to alter the positioning, size, and behavior of popup window:
- Classic. The popup window appears in the center of the screen on the top of the content.
- Slide-In. The popup window slides from one side moving the content.
- Bar. The popup is shown at the top or bottom of the page in the form of a thin bar.
- Bordering. The popup is displayed in one of the screen’s corners in the form of subtle notice.
- Full View. The popup occupies the full screen for information to be noticed.
- Custom. You yourself can choose how the popup should appear – its position and behavior.
Moreover, the plugin gives you an opportunity to build any popup type according to your needs:
- Subscribe. Here, you can use the best popup presets for adding MailChimp Subscribe forms.
- Discount. This type of popup helps to inform the site visitors about the latest discounts.
- Yes/No. With the help of this preset, the confirmation of the visitor’s intention is very easy.
- Countdown. The option of a countdown is very useful when it comes to significant and important events.
- Contact Us. This preset helps to easily integrate contact forms into popups using stylish JetPopup plugin.
- Info Card. If you want some information to be noticeable, use this popup type.
- GDPR. GDPR presets will assure your visitors in their personal data safety.
In addition to the above options, JetPopup also offers PRO popups. These are premium popup bundles which you can purchase separately if needed.
Elementor Popup Builder
With Elementor Popup Builder, you can do to your popups literally everything – just as you do it to your site with Elementor Page Builder. You can:
- Customize the popup window and build the inside of the popup;
- Set your targeting rules with the help of different settings and capabilities;
- Connect popups to your site links and contact forms;
- Use Elementor templates, WordPress content, and WooCommerce products.
Besides, the number of popups is not limited – create as many of them as you want.
In addition to all those functions, another great feature of this popup builder is popups on demand. It means that you can choose specific settings for the popup window to appear using certain triggers (we will talk about them later) or by setting a manual trigger via a link or form.
Elementor Popup Builder has 9 popup types to meet any of your requirements:
- Email Subscriptions. This type will help you to improve your email marketing tools and increase the subscriber list.
- Login Forms. With these forms, your site users will easily log in to your site.
- Promotion & Sale Banners. Place your special offers inside popups and visitors of the site won’t leave them unnoticed.
- Lead Capture. This preset will serve you for boosting a conversion rate by making your visitors pick or take part.
- Content Lock & Upgrades. With this popup, you can show your premium content to users who agreed to your terms.
- Announcements. Due to this popup, you can always inform your visitors about anything you want.
- Exit Intent. It acts as a motivation for a visitor to stay when he wants to exit.
- Welcome Mat. Full-screen welcome popups for visitors who came to the site.
- Related Products & Upsells. Use this popup if you want to increase the sales rate by offering related WooCommerce products.
Also, this popup builder offers many capabilities for choosing the popup appearance including Fly-In, Full Screen, Hello Bar, Bottom Bar, Classic, Slide-in and many more.
Popup Design Comparison
With JetPopup, you can create a popup template to suit your needs and specific goals. To simplify and make more comfortable designing the popup, JetPoup plugin includes such features:
- Dozens of stylish popup templates;
- Responsive layout;
- Crossbrowser compatibility;
- Diverse style options.
Elementor Popup Builder
With the help of Elementor Popup Builder, you can create beautiful popups using different widgets and design-oriented features integrated into the builder:
- 100+ powerful Elementor widgets;
- 100+ stylish popup templates;
- Flexible responsive layout and style controls;
- Precise popups that are always on-brand;
- Cross-site design consistency.
With this tool, you get the opportunity to customize not only the content of the popup but the popup window (including height, width, horizontal and vertical alignment) and surrounding design as well (including the close button and the overlay). Below, you can see some advanced settings:
- Show close button after a set time;
- Automatically close after a set time;
- Prevent closing on the overlay and on ESC key;
- Disable page scrolling;
- Avoid multiple popups.
JetPopup Plugin has three main features for targeting which you can see down below.
The JetPopup conditions include:
- Entire site. It means that a popup can appear on any page of your website.
- Singular. This option gives you a possibility to chose the type of content:
- Front Page;
- Post Type;
- Posts from Category;
- Posts from Tag;
- Page, Child of Page Template;
- 404 Page.
- Archive. It allows you to choose from what types of content from which archives this popup is going to appear. It includes:
- All Archives;
- Post Type Archives;
- Category Archives;
- Tag Archives.
Another option of JetPopup is the ability to set specific trigger events.
- On Opening. Most suitable for:
- OCurrent sales and discounts;
- Fresh news and articles;
- Rules and terms changing.
- User Try Exit. Most suitable for:
- OSign up form;
- Special offer;
- Yes/No form.
- Page Progress Scrolling. Most suitable for:
- OTips on how to use the site or service;
- Subscription offer;
- Social sharing links.
- Attached to Widget. Most suitable for:
- OContact information;
- Links to social media;
- Other content.
- On Set Date. Most suitable for:
- OLaunching of the project;
- User Inactive Time. Most suitable for:
- Yes/No form;
- Newsletter subscription form;
User Roles. JetPopup offers an opportunity to show popup windows only for registered users or for users with a previously defined specific role.
Elementor Popup Builder
In its turn, Elementor Popup Builder also has several options for organizing intuitive targeting:
They are pretty easy and the using of them doesn’t differ from the way they are applied with other templates in Elementor. With the help of conditions settings, you yourself can pick pages, posts, and areas for popups, including:
- Entire website;
- Specific pages;
- Archives (categories, author, date);
- Posts (categories, tags, author);
- Search pages;
- WooCommerce (archive and single product page).
Elementor Popup Builder offers such ones:
- On Page Load;
- Scroll to Element;
- After Inactivity;
- On Page Exit Intent.
Advanced Rules. They help to set special conditions for the popup to appear. For example, you can set a rule to display a popup for users who came from a certain URL or visited defined quantity of pages:
- After X amount of page views;
- After X amount of sessions;
- Show on specific devices;
- Hide for logged in users/roles;
- When arriving from specific URL;
- Show up to X amount of times;
- When arriving from Internal, External Links or Search Engines.
Elementor Popup Builder
Here I’m going to disappoint those who believed that plugins that are a part of Elementor Pro can be downloaded or purchased separately. Elementor Popup Builder will work only if you have the Elementor Pro – its premium version, which must be purchased apart.
JetPopup is an addon for Elementor. That is, it is a standalone product developed by third-party developers, who have nothing to do with the Elementor team and are certainly not part of its Pro version. Thus, you can use the plugin in the free version of Elementor by buying it for a symbolic $15.
Let’s Sum Up
|JetPopup Plugin||Popup Builder|
|Needs additional installation to the Elementor editor||Doesn’t need additional installation, comes with the Elementor Pro|
|Drag & drop function for building popups||Uses drag & drop function to build the popup|
|Customizable design||Customizable design|
|Manages triggers, user roles, and conditions for targetting||Helps to set targeting rules via triggers, user roles, and advanced rules|
|Adds different animation effects||Adds dynamic content to boost your popups|
|Changes the positioning, size, and the behavior of a popup window||Gives full control over the layout (height, width, horizontal and vertical alignment)|
|Creates any popup for 8 different purposes||Builds any popup for 9 different purposes|
|Uses dozens of stylish templates||Use 100+ designer-made popup templates|
|Attaches the templates to specific widgets||Connects popups to widgets, your site links, and contact forms|
|No coding skills needed||No coding skills needed|
|Costs $15||Comes with Elementor Pro ($49-$199 according to the type of subscription)|
Comparing these tools is not easy – both plugins are worthy. Re-read once again all the pros and cons to decide what suits you best. If you have not yet decided which of the two tools to choose, I recommend trying both. No one better than you can understand what suits you best.
By the way, share in the comments your opinion, what do you think about this?