Whether you are just starting out or have already gained some traction, with WordPress membership…
Sellfy is a platform to sell digital content that’s worth checking out. They made it big last year and now they’re expanding their integrations to WordPress. If you’re selling your WordPress themes and need a service that eliminates countless download e-mails to your customers and checking if they actually paid – start using Sellfy. They have an extensive affiliate program, sales statistics tools, social discount system and many other awesome features. Their WordPress plugin is no exception.
This plugin provides an extremely simple way to integrate your Sellfy products store page into your WordPress site. All new products on this page are automatically added from your Sellfy account, so you can spend more time focusing on sales. The plugin script doesn’t get disrupted by updating WordPress, so you won’t be left out on sales when a new version comes.
There’s a dozen digital content sales plugins out there, but what makes this one unique is the simple genius of it. I can’t stress the word ‘simple’ enough, because it requires the least attention to maintain. The biggest downside is the lack of store customization. There’s no knobs and buttons to make it look different, so unless you know basic HTML/CSS you’re stuck with what you see.
I have created a demo to see how this plugin actually looks and function on a live WordPress website. I used Sparkling theme for this demo, which is a free WordPress theme distributed via WordPress.org theme resporitory.
Here are some key points you should consider before getting this plugin:
- Simple setup – Very quick to set it up, once it’s installed – just enter your username, store title, slug and you’re ready to sell,
- Easy to use – Adding new products is simple from your Sellfy account, you can show/hide them from this plugin with a click of a button.
- Fast load times – Although this plugin gets it’s product information from Sellfy servers, there’s little to no extra delay when viewing your store page.
- Professional store view – It looks great, has a responsive layout and isn’t too over-branded, showing only a greyed out ‘Sell digital downloads with Sellfy’ at the bottom of your store
- Theme Support – Works with any free and premium WordPress theme and doesn’t need special integration.
- No shortcodes – There are no confusing shortcodes and setup is completely visual and straightforward.
- Pay only when you sell – Plugin and service is free to use and you pay only 5% per transaction.
- No customization options – There is no choice for layout or color schemes (unless you’re HTML/CSS savvy), so it’s generally a ‘what you see is what you get’ type deal for most users
- No marketing tools in panel – All of their marketing tools and analytics are not available in the plugin view, only on their site. It would be great if it showed at least product clicks or profit.
- Not the best option for large estores – Service is the best suited for few product and it might become impossible to manage when reaching 30 or more.
- Only works with digital downloadable products – Sellfy won’t work for tangible good and services.
- No free downloads – Sellfy has set minimum price of $0,90 per downloads. It is not a big deal but keep that in mind if you are looking for distribute free downloads.
What Sellfy is for?
Sellfy service and WordPress plugin is well suited for theme designers and developers, graphic designers, digital artists, photographers, e-book writers and everyone looking to sell downloadable products. It doesn’t need any technical knowledge to set up and manage. It is best suited for people active on social networks because Sellfy offers awesome social sharing options and social discounts to help your products to go viral. For more information about this awesome service, please visit Sellfy.com
If you’re a Sellfy user (or would like to be) and have your own WordPress blog, this is a must-have for selling. It doesn’t offer any specific tools for customization, but the default theme looks professional. There’s no sales tracking or a dashboard, so you will have to log into your account to view statistics. To sum it all up, if you need a straight to the point, no non-sense tool to sell your digital downloads – definitely give this one a shot. This isn’t the only option for selling downloadable product and there are several ready-made WordPress themes that are a bit more flexible but complex to manage and setup.
Disclosure: This page contains external affiliate links that may result in us receiving a commission if you choose to purchase mentioned product. The opinions on this page are our own and we don't receive additional bonus for positive reviews.