- February 25, 2017 at 3:27 am #89068
Seems that my website format has changed format. The Shapely theme no longer looks like shapely. Has turned to blank generic looking format without the shapely bells and whistles.
Have you seen this problem before? No recent changes made except deleting spam comments.
February 28, 2017 at 5:06 am #89344
- This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by jdeverich.
It seems the home page is not set, create a new page and change the page template to Homepage in the Page Attributes in the right side of that page, then set the same page to Settings -> Readings -> Front page -> Static page.
Also make sure you have the shapely companion plugin installed/activated the latest version, https://wordpress.org/plugins/shapely-companion/
If that didn’t help you, pass me the WP Login details, I will check what’s going wrong.
Let us know,
laranz.February 28, 2017 at 7:08 am #89350This reply has been marked as private.March 2, 2017 at 11:24 pm #89640
It seems you didn’t install the Shapely companion plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/shapely-companion/ ) I install that and configure the home page.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
laranz.March 5, 2017 at 12:51 am #89757
Front page is back to normal and looks good again.
Unfortunately the format on the tabs is all messed up.
1. Inside Portfolio:
Top heading is missing and the header images are doubled up. Also same problem under all the sub heading pages. services, the latest, awards etc. All the formatting is no longer as it was.
2 . Also on the main page under the customer referals:
the text shows the HTML <br /> instead of the break.
3. The web site was up for a while already, what exactly could break the formatting like that I’d like to avoid this happening again. You mentioned that something was not installed, does that mean it was never installed? Or perhaps some virus removed it? If you have some insight there I would appreciate it.
Regards, James.March 7, 2017 at 7:21 am #90012
?March 7, 2017 at 8:20 pm #90145
Sorry for a late response, I missed your thread somehow.
1. For portfolio page title, you need to set that in Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Main Options -> Portfolio Title. Also I removed the top callout so that the default title will show.
2. If you mean the “What Our Customers Say” at the bottom, you can edit this file, /wp-content/plugins/shapely-companion/inc/widgets/widget-home-testimonials.php and in line #64 you will see this,
<strong><?php echo esc_html( get_the_title() ); ?></strong>
change that to,
<strong><?php echo get_the_title(); ?></strong>
3. I doubt it is removed by a virus, now I see that plugin and it will solve most of the issue. 🙂
Let us know,
- The topic ‘Shapely suddenly does not look like shapely’ is closed to new replies.