- 1.Awesome WooCommerce Extensions to Extend Functionality: Part I
- 2.Awesome WooCommerce Extensions to Extend Functionality: Part II
- 3.Awesome WooCommerce Plugins to Extend Functionality : Part III
WooCommerce is a popular platform for building and running an online store. It comes with a whole range of functions to run a business of any size. There are many extensions made specially for WooCommerce either to add functionality to WooCommerce or to carry out a specific unique task with WooCommerce.
To get to know WooCommerce Extensions a little bit in detail, I have written a 3 part series of articles on some WooCommerce Extensions. This article is the Third Part in the series of articles. To check out extensions dealing with Product Pricing, Product Display and Printing and Invoicing, check out Part I and Part II
If you’re on the look out for WooCommerce Plugins to help with Marketing, Social media and Payments that you are interested in, head over to Part II of the series.
In this part we will get to know extensions that help with,
- Shipping and Delivery
- General Utility
Shipstation is a plugin from WooThemes that helps to automate the shipping process. You will no longer need to manually print labels and weigh each package individually. It is integrated real-time into shopping platforms. Orders can be imported from WooCommerce with all the details of weight and product options. The preferred shipping method of the customer and any special instruction can be included.
Shipping label is created and the details of shipping carrier, shipping status and tracking number is posted back to WooCommerce. A standard or customized email can be sent to the customer when the product is shipped.
Shipstation is web based and so you can access the shipping function from anywhere. The plugin is free for 30 days after which you will have to subscribe to monthly subscription plans ranging from $25 per month to $125 per month.
Weight/Country Shipping for WooCommerce
Most shops do not charge for delivery at flat rates. The rates will vary depending on the weight of the package to be delivered and the country of delivery. Weight/Country Shipping for WooCommerce will calculate shipping rates based on the weight and destination. Countries for which the same rates will apply can be grouped together. Or you can set rates on a per country basis.
You can do much more with the premium version of the plugin. Multiple rates are possible for a single group of countries or a particular weight slab. You can set any number of groups and any number of rates. If the delivery is free upto a certain weight, you can set the charges to zero for that weight range. Carts with zero weight are also supported and maximum cart weight can also be set. Default rates can be set for shipping to a country that is not on any group.
You can purchase the premium plugin for $5.
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
This plugin, WooCommerce Advanced Shipping, lives upto its name, offering a number of options for shipping the product. It applies conditional logic using parameters such as country, zip code, subtotals, quantity, weight or size specifications. You can work out and apply your own shipping rates with suitable conditions and arrive at your own table.
It is developer friendly and customizable. Two extensions are available – Shipping Zones which will help you create shipping zones based on area, zip code, country and Advanced Pricing which will help you treat one whole group of countries as one, such as the European Union. Prices can be per product, per category or per shipping class. If you want to insert a condition that isn’t there, get in touch with customer support.
You can purchase the plugin for $17 and be entitled to future updates and 6 months support. An extra 6 months support can be added for an additional $5.10
Table Rate Shipping for WooCommerce
Table Rate Shipping for WooCommerce adds a new shipping method directly to your WooCommerce settings. The plugin can categorize your destinations into various zones. You can charge additional fees for certain zones, and the rates can be fixed or variable.
It can apply multiple rates for deliveries based on conditions put forward by admin, like destination, weight, price, volume, shipping class, any special transport requirements and more. Separate levels of service can command different rates – for example, a different rate can be applied for Express Deliveries.
This is the No 1 Best Selling WooCommerce Extension on CodeCanyon. Shipping rates can be computed inclusive or exclusive of tax. Rate bundling is possible for customers who purchase many items. The shipping option can be ordered to appear in the order that you want and the default option can also be set.
The plugin costs $22 and comes with 6 months support and future updates. Support can be extended to twelve months for an additional $6.60
It would not be fair to call UltimateWoo a plugin. It is an entire suite of plugins that gives you access to a number of modules. All you have got to do is install UltimateWoo and enable the extensions you need. Your WooCommerce functionality is immediately enhanced. To get an idea of what this plugin can do for you, just glance at the screenshot below. UltimateWoo also helps your shop to receive payments, analyse and report on various aspects, ship out orders, send out emails and more.
The 78 extensions included would cost you a cool $5922, if purchased individually. You can choose to download the Lite version containing only 12 modules for free and receive limited support and updates. Or pick the Personal License for use on one WordPress website for $99, the Business License for use on 5 WordPress websites for $199 or the Developer License for use on an unlimited number of websites for $299. All premium licenses will receive regular support and one year of automatic updates.
WooCommerce Amazon Affiliates – WordPress Plugin
WooCommerce Amazon Affiliates converts your WooCommerce store into a powerful affiliate marketing enterprise, earning income by way of commission. With the Advanced Search and Bulk Import module, a store owner can search for products by categories and sub categories and select products. You can also choose variations of any product or select a price range.
The ASIN Grabber helps to browse through products and then import it into your store in bulk with CSV Importer. Content from Amazon is modified automatically and this means your products are in sync with Amazon products. You can use your Onsite Cart to collect products and checkout from Amazon. Or you can check out directly from Amazon too.
If a user is redirected to Amazon, the product will be added to your cart and kept there for 90 days. So if purchase is postponed, you will anyway earn commission on it. Cross selling is also permitted. This plugin can only be used as an addition to an existing or new WooCommerce store. A user cannot set himself up to be pure Amazon Store dealer.
A regular license, which comes with 6 months support and future updates will cost $34. For an extra $10.20, the support will be extended to 12 months.
WC Marketplace is a free extension that promises to turn your store into a marketplace. For a visitor , it would be very much like walking into a virtual huge multi store marketing complex. You can allow users to sell anything on your site, much like say Amazon, by registering as vendors on your site.
WC Marketplace is developed strictly according to WordPress coding standards and all the documentation is available for download. As it is free, with extensions being added continuously, this is a great addition for your ecommerce store at no extra cost.
Vendors can be approved in bulk automatically or individually and manually. They can be managed via bulk actions. You can set it that products can be uploaded automatically by vendors or only after manual approval. Set a threshold limit – product wise or vendor wise – for sales before commission is paid, and make a charge for withdrawal of commission. Payment can be made through PayPal.
The vendor page URL can be edited from your WordPress and vendor/s can be blocked. The product page can be linked to a vendor and vendors can set shipping from front end. Vendors can configure their own stores and export data in bulk. They can add or edit products and add coupons to products. They can get immediate notification of new orders, view the backend and withdraw their commission.
5 premium add-ons are available and these make it more attractive for vendors to register on your site. Vendors can view inventory reports, transactions and sales from the frontend. They can also view specific Google Analytics date and set their own stock alerts.
This plugin is developed by Dual Cube and has earned for itself an impressive 5 star rating.
WooCommerce CSV Importer
WooCommerce CSV Importer helps to import large product files and manage your products in WooCommerce with ease. It uses AJAX for importing, so there is no timeout during the import process.
Once you have created the fields, put in separators and linked the fields to the columns, import of product files is accomplished in a jiffy. The plugin has been tested upto 10,000 products. Product variations can also be handled with the import variable product add-on. A few more add-ons like import attributes, custom fields, premium and taxonomies can be added to fine tune your import process. For a huge inventory, it can save days of work.
A premium plugin for the same functions is also available on WooThemes for $199.
Some more options which can help you to generally spruce up your WooCommerce are listed here,
- WooCommerce Store Exporter is used for the reverse function of CSV Importer – exporting store details out of WooCommerce into files outside WooCommerce. It can export products by categories, variations, brands or tags and much more. The premium version will also export to an email address as well as schedule regular exports.
- W3 Super Cache WordPress Plugin helps in efficient use of server resources by serving up static files to users who are not logged in or to those who do not leave a comment on your site. This helps in faster loading of products. Outdated and obsolete files are cleaned. This plugin is not specific to WooCommerce alone, but its use on a WordPress site will make your website faster and this is important for an eCommerce store.
- WooCommerce Customizer– WooCommerce offers a number of filters to customize labels, button text and many other fields. But you have to use PHP code to use these filters. WooCommerce Customizer will help you to customize without having to use code.
- WooCommerce Multilingual– Fully multilingual WooCommerce sites are possible with this plugin. Store pages can be translated, users can switch languages and order in language of their choice.
WooCommerce Bookings is very useful when you want to sell your services by time (such as hotel rooms) or when you want to allot a particular resource to a particular time slot (such as an instructor to a class) or when you want to offer appointments.
With this extension, you can create booking slots and allot them on request. Email confirmations can be sent as soon as booking is completed. Reminders can be sent out closer to the dates booked. A booking calendar is handy, so that you have an overview of how many slots are available and how many are booked up. Customers can also view the slots that are available and make their pick.
If you notice that some slots are not really a favorite with customers, you can offer a discount on them. Special rates and off season rates can be offered. Multiple products can be managed – for example rooms in a hotel and seats on a bus for local tours. Buffer period between bookings can be set and altered. If you combine this extension with Product Add-ons, you can offer extras on the booking. Bookings can only be modified by the website administrator.
The price for this plugin ranges between $249 to $449.
WooCommerce Product Gift Wrap
WooCommerce Product Gift Wrap is a simple extension that allows customers to add a gift wrap to the product that they are purchasing. It sets up an option in WooCommerce Settings. The cost of gift wrap on a per product basis is displayed. When customers pick this option, the cost gets added to the cart. A simple extension that can add some delight to the process of gifting online. It is a must have for gift shops.
A premium extension for the same function is available on CodeCanyon and it allows free gift wrapping, different styles of gift wrapping at different prices. Images can be added, so that customers can pick the kind of wrapping they want. The option to gift wrap will appear on the car page and if the option is ticked , it will be added to their cart.
The premium extension can be purchased on CodeCanyon for $16. Future updates and 6 month support is included. Support is extended by 6 months when you pay an additional $4.80.
Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce
Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce will allow you to offer a customer the option to pick any date for delivery of their purchases. It uses the datepicker that is inbuilt in WordPress. This plugin will reduce the chances of the delivery person finding a locked door when he goes to deliver and save a second trip.
You can display the possible delivery dates you want and allow the buyer to pick a date. You can exclude days like Sundays or any special holidays. The date picked by the buyer will show up when you view the order, so you can take note of the specific instruction for delivery.
The premium version of this plugin will allow you to customize the calendar and allow cut off for same day and next day deliveries. The delivery date can be included in a custom email. Two months can be displayed on the calendar and the time range for delivery can be displayed.
WooCommerce My Account Widget
WooCommerce My Account Widget shows a whole lot of information about your customer in your WooCommerce shop. You can see the number of items in the shopping cart and the number of incomplete orders. The orders remaining unpaid and the link to the shopping cart is also displayed.
When a customer logs out, the login form is displayed. It is compatible with WPML and is available in over 5 languages.
It was difficult to leave out a few extensions without atleast making a mention of them. So take a glance at a few more here,
- WooCommerce Memberships will help you sell memberships in your WooCommerce store. Access to content can be restricted, and content can also be distributed to members according to a set schedule. Memberships are sold for the products created and tied to the memberships. Members can view all the information and privileges from the Members’ Area or the My Account section. You can create many types of membership plans and attach different perks, privileges and access for each. The extension can be purchased for $149.
- To sell gift certificates on your site, you should try WooCommerce Gift Cards. You can create and manage gift certificates and accept payments for it through you regular payment gateways.
- If customers have any question about a product, WooCommerce Product Enquiry for WooCommerce will allow them to ask the question right from the products page. It adds an enquiry button on the product page and gives you an opportunity to turn a visitor into a buyer.
- Checkout Field Editor gives you an option to add custom fields in the checkout page of your WooCommerce. You can edit existing fields or remove them altogether. Text, datepickers and checkboxes can be added. You can do all this from the interface provided by the extension, without using any code. This extension can be purchased for $149.
- WooCommerce Product FAQs helps viewers ask specific questions about products, see threads and get replies. Admin will be notified when any question is asked, with a link for making a reply. A quick method for getting more information about a product.
- If you are dealing in multiple currencies, WooCommerce Currency Switcher will help in converting one currency to another in real time. It is available both as a shortcode and as a widget. The customer is allowed to pay in the selected currency. The premium version will convert currency automatically, based on the customer’s IP geolocation.
- If your online store is dealing with digital products, you will not be shipping any products. The purchaser will download the digital product directly to his website after making the payments. WooCommerce Checkout for Digital Goods is a great plugin for selling digital products through WooCommerce. It is easy to install and skips all the unnecessary fields like address and phone numbers. You can purchase this plugin on CodeCanyon for $7.
This list concludes my three part series on useful extensions that add functions to your WooCommerce store. If you have found any plugin to be particularly useful to your WooCommerce, please share with us.
In case you haven’t decided on your WordPress Theme with WooCommerce integration you might want to head here to find the best examples. In case free themes is what you are after the best place for research is here