- May 18, 2018 at 11:20 am #165020
After I have updated the theme, the Russian translation stopped working – everything is in English now.
1. The translation used to work.
2. The ru_ru.po and .mo files are in the /wp-content/themes/dazzling/languages.
3. I had exactly the same problem when I first installed the theme, and somehow fixed it. As I remember, it had something to do with files being called ‘ru_ru’ instead of ‘ru_RU’, but I don’t remember how I fixed it the first time – it was two years ago. I’ve been trying for several hours so far.
What so far have been done:
a) Adding the define( ‘WPLANG’, ‘ru_RU’); line to wp-config file.
b) Renaming both ‘ru_ru’ into ‘ru_RU’
c) Copying both ‘ru_RU’ into wp-content/languages/themes with the ‘dazzling-ru_RU’ names. Maybe it was completely unnecessary, but I am just trying everything at this point.
Nothing works. The actual website is in Russian, but everything theme-related like ‘Popular-Recent’ widget is still in English.
Could you help, please?
P.S. Also, could you rename ‘ru_ru’ files into ‘ru_RU’ in the next and all following theme updates (the rest of the translation files are good – only Russian files are so “special”). Please. Because if I have to go through this every time I have to update the theme – well, not cool…
May 18, 2018 at 12:13 pm #165051
- This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by entoursis.
Goddamn it – the problem was cache… It prevented me from seeing the changes…
Apparently, the fix for the problem is to just rename the “ru_ru.po” and “ru_ru.mo” into “ru_RU.po” and “ru_RU.mo”. So if I may make a suggestion – I would suggest updating the file names in the next version so that no-one else runs into this problem.May 18, 2018 at 12:42 pm #165059
Nice work solving that and letting us know of the solution.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.
The topic ‘Russian translation of the Dazzling theme stopped working after theme update…’ is closed to new replies.