Our free WordPress themes are downloaded over 1,000,000 times. Get them now!

Home Forums Travelify How to add featured slider to all pages not just front page?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mottte 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Client
    Keymaster

Hi there, like the theme, just migrated to it. Can I ask, is there a way of getting the Featured slider on every page, not just the homepage?

Aigars
    Keymaster

Yes, you can display the same slider on all pages including posts, tags, category, etc.

Find “header-extensions.php” file located in: theme folder -> library -> structure.

Now edit it any plain text editor such as Notepad for Windows or TextEdit for Windows.

And find line 257 that says:

if( is_home() || is_front_page() ) {

And remove this line entirely.

Now find: } on line 263/264. There are two of them one by one, but remove only one of them.

Let me know if you want to limit slider to some specific pages like archive, pages, posts. etc. Then you will need is_archive(), is_page(), is_post().

P.S You have awesome website! :)

Client
    Keymaster

Hey Aigars,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. One of the reasons I went looking for a new theme was because support on my old one was poor.

I have done what you suggested, and the slider images now appear on the blog posts, but…only one image, there is no slideshow. Is there something I have missed?

Thanks again
    Richard

Aigars
    Keymaster

Sorry, didn’t notice that at first.

This is free theme so you can’t expect too much support but I don’t mind helping people. :)

Slider is powered by JavaScript and since slider is by default located only on front page, the script used to power this slider was also enabled only on front page.

So to fix this you should find file called functions.php located at theme folder -> library -> functions.

Fine line 46 that says

if( ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) && "0" == $options[ 'disable_slider' ] ) {
    and replace it with

if( "0" == $options[ 'disable_slider' ] ) {
    This should do the trick. :)

Client
    Keymaster

Fantastic, you are a superstar!!!

Thank you so much, will leave you alone now!!

Aigars
    Keymaster

I would highly appreciate if you could give a 5 star rating on WordPress.org for my theme: http://wordpress.org/themes/travelify

Client
    Keymaster

Done, thanks again :)

Aigars
    Keymaster

Awesome! Thank you!

mollahasani

Hello, thank you for your easy explanation. I have removed the slider from my home page.

I would now like to reduce the width of the slider and insert it the “content” section, this way the “right sidebar”

http://tardis1.tinygrab.com/grabs/98a6436cf0e3eb4346210cf8e06910fa0855db202f.png

If you can show me where it is I can insert the code that I removed from “header-extensions.php” page, I can resize and adjust it to fit.

Thank you. Mehdi

Aigars
    Keymaster

Mehdi,

It would be much easier to install slider as plugin (any slider plugin would work) instead of trying to move this away from header extensions. It simply requires too much work.

mottte
    Participant

Great, it also work on my page. :-)

But one more question.

It is possible to get different slider for front and page sides?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X Theme + Cornerstone Page Builder = Your New Theme See It Live
Win 1 of 3 TeoThemes WordPress Theme for Free! Enter Now