Travelify is our the most popular free WordPress theme with over 200,000 downloads that we have received in the last 8 months. It is a highly customizable theme with 5 website layout options, customizable slider, several blog templates and many other awesome features but there were one thing missing – it was hard to change color of this amazing theme.
Everyone familiar with CSS could easily change Travelify color but let’s be honest, many of attempts caused loads of bugs that I had to address via support forum. I postponed this updated because I didn’t know much about WordPress Theme Customizer API and how it works. Until recently I had to implement it for one of my premium theme. It turns out that it is more developer friendly that I could possibly imagine and it made it very easy to bring color pickers and custom text fields for Travelify.
This update is not just about colors, text fields and version number but there are loads of things I addressed with this update and there is absolutely no reason not to update to Travelify 2.0 from any earlier version.
Changes in Travelify 2.0
- Unlimited color variations – Added 15 color pickers via WordPress Customizer
- Added custom footer text field – You can now add content (HTML or plain text) in the theme footer. This is also possible via WordPress Customizer.
- Added WooCommerce 2.1 compatibility - Travelify did work with WooCommerce but after 2.1 several things got broken in terms of responsiveness, so we addressed all these things and added some extra improvements as well. Now it is better than ever.
- Improved footer widgets – They weren’t as responsive as they should be. Now they are working much better across all devices and screen sizes.
- Other improvements to responsive – We simplified the CSS code base and there are no longer the same values over and over again that does the same thing.
- HTML5 support – There were almost no problems earlier but we made sure that this update does improve some things for old browsers such as IE8.
- Theme Options – Updated layout that were partially broken with WordPress 3.9 update. Nothing major but it still counts.
There are loads of other small tweaks and improvements and I highly recommend to update to this version from any Travelify version. It is absolutely worth it.
You decide! We will continue to add most requested features but we already added them all in this update, so we have no where to go but there is always a place for improvement. We will continue to listen to your requests and bring the most demanded features and improvements.
On top of that, we have one thing in mind that we will add soon – bbPress support. This will take a while but you can be sure that this theme will support bbPress eventually.
Please leave a comment below if you have any suggestions or request on how to make this theme even better. Otherwise, enjoy this update and leave a 5 star rating on WordPress.org.
Travelify is not the only theme in our portfolio and there are other awesome and free WordPress themes.
Almost forgot to mentioned – please help translate this theme in more languages. It is now available in 11 (English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Hebrew, Slovak, Turkish and Chinese) but would like to see even more languages.